New York City is a truly amazing city. Everyone who has been there can testify to this. If you haven’t yet had a chance to visit New York City you should start planning a visit, right now! The city has got an energy, a pulse which is hard to describe to anyone who has not been to NYC. Go there and you will understand.
New York City is not the cheapest city in the world to visit. Below we have listed the best things to do in New York City, which most are free things to do in New York City. There are plenty of things to do in New York City all year around, the city does not have a particular season when visiting is best. Most New Yorkers however enjoy summer and think its the best season to see NYC.
New York City has many nicknames, some of them are: The Big Apple, Gotham, The City That Never Sleeps, The Capital of The World, The Empire City, The City So Nice They Named It Twice. We believe these are the top 10 things to do in NYC, things which should be on every visitor’s must-do list.
- Central Park, the green oasis and NYC breathing hole. A must visit! In winter you can go ice-skating and in summer you can lay on a blanket in the sun.
- Ground Zero, the memorial site of the WTC towers.
- Empire State Building. Scenic views of New York City from up here. EST is now the highest building in NYC.
- Times Square, the neon buzzing Time Square close to Broadway where everything is happening.
- Brooklyn Bridge, an engineering marvel with scenic views over lower Manhattan and Brooklyn. A walk across the bridge is a must.
- Statue of Liberty, the iconic statue of liberty and freedom. Go here and you understand democracy is a great thing.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, “The Met” has some of the best art in the world. If you are into art this is a must visit too.
- United Nations Building, the epicenter of world diplomacy. Home of world politics and democracy.
- Guggenheim Museum, is “The” place in NYC for modern art. If you are into art this is a must visit too.
- Grand Central Terminal, busy travel hub full of references to popular culture; movies, music and TV shows.
Go and enjoy NYC, life is too short so start planning today! New York City is one of the most inspiring cities in the world.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/travel-tips-articles/top-10-things-to-do-in-new-york-city-890265.html
About the Author: Many more tips and ideas on Things to do in New York City. Extensive list of Top 10 things to do in NYC.
Photo via Andrew Mace (acmace) on Flickr.